Table of contents
A Guide To Fashion and Style for Young Adults in their 20s
Fashion and Style can be one of the most important components of a young adult’s life. It can be difficult to keep up with what’s trendy, budget friendly, and stylish. With the right pieces, you can build an innovative, fashion-forward and sophisticated wardrobe.
Below are some tips on how to stay stylish and fashion-forward in your 20s:
Set a Budget
When it comes to fashion and style, setting a budget is key. Decide how much you can realistically spend on clothing and accessories while still allowing yourself to have sufficient savings and invest. A good rule of thumb is to assign 30% of your salary to living expenses and dedicate the other 70% to savings and investing in pieces for your wardrobe. When you’re shopping for pieces, use a method of only buying items at a discount that you actually need.
The best way to figure out how to dress on trend is to find inspiration. Fashion blogs, YouTube channels, Instagram and Pinterest can provide you with ideas on how to dress, and where to find trendy pieces. Also, be sure to follow popular fashion magazines and fashionistas for ideas, watch what’s trending, and be creative with layering.
Choose Quality over Quantity
Quality is more important than quantity when it comes to fashion and style. Investing in timeless pieces will help you stay on trend and never go out of style. Invest in closet staples that will match a variety of items. A few quality pieces are better than a closet full of subpar pieces that you reach for but never wear.
Accessories such as bags, jewelry and watches can take a look to the next level. Accessorizing your look can boost the overall style. Choose accessories that grab attention and make a statement.
Create a strategic plan when shopping. Determine the items you need to complete your wardrobe. Be sure to check out the sales at popular clothing stores every month. A good strategy to use when shopping is to try on items in the fitting room and purchases the item if it fits you well.
As a young adult in your 20s, you can stay on trend and fashion-forward with the right pieces and accessories. Be sure to set a budget, find inspiration, invest in quality pieces and accessories, and shop strategically. With the right pieces, you’ll have the latest and most fashionable look.